Monday, 22 June 2009
He was talking about letting go of anger, hate revenge, and lightening the load by forgiveness using large bottles of water to demonstrate the weight of these bad feelings the kids seemed quite impressed.
At the end they couldn't decide which song to sing so they sang both and them we looked up the songs on the internet so we had the songs and words and sang again with a little less la la las. Sisters in Zion and we are of the army of Helaman and as a treat ice cream.
- 26th June 7pm Kilmarnock Ward, farewell to mission President Brother Fredrick and his wife.
- 27th June 4-6pm Paisley Ward, Primary Talent Show.
- There is a new President of Preston Temple Brother Albert Roy and the Matron is Sister Eileen Roy
Opening hymn 280, Welcome welcome sabbath morning
Opening Prayer: Bob Scott
Melchizedek Priesthood certificates given to Josh Ferguson and Luke Garroway
Sacrament Song 169, As Now we take the sacrament
1st speaker Joel Ferguson spoke on the 2 divisions of the priesthood, Aaronic and Melchizedek
2nd Speaker Sister Kay Hackett spoke about Our life on Earth using 2 Nephi 2 :26-27 she discussed that their is a sin of omission as well as a sin of commission which I found quite interesting.
Closing Hymn 294, Love At Home
The Paisley Stake center held a Weathering the storms of Life exhibition over three days last week we popped in to see what was there and was very impressed by demonstations on use of wheat, 72 hours kits, humanitarian aid, debt and money management, food storage etc.
There was information from Local Credit Unions (which wasn't my local one) so I checked out my local Union which was First Alliance. and found nothing on the internet. not very helpful mmmm.... requires further investigation.
Non Food emergency kit
We didn't get time to sit in all the workshops unfortunately however we did get to taste some of the wheat receipes and they were delicious.
72 hour kits
Friday, 19 June 2009
They shared with us some scriptures (sorry the first one I missed) and Section 29:6,7
6 And, as it is written—Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive.
7 And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;
and we were invited to reread the steps that had been discussed in a confrence talk by Elder David A Bednar in April 2008 General Confrence
"Ask in Faith" by doing the following
Thanking Heavenly Father for the doctrines and ordinances of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, which bring hope and happiness into our lives.
Asking for courage and boldness to open our mouths and share the gospel with our family and friends.
Entreating Heavenly Father to help us identify individuals and families who will be receptive to our invitation to be taught by the missionaries in our homes.
Pledging to do our part this day and this week and petitioning for help to overcome anxiety, fear, and hesitation.
Seeking for the gift of discernment—for eyes to see and ears to hear missionary opportunities as they occur.
Praying fervently for the strength to act as we know we should.
We shall do our best elders.
Thursday, 11 June 2009
Official welcome to Staycation Hotel with breakfast in bed served by mum and dad and even a mint chocolate on your pillow!!!!
For all the family Amphibian Antics 2.30pm – 4pm Dean Castle (free activity at local country park)
For all the family Blooming Boots 2.30 -4 pm Dean Castle
Family Camp – set up a camp site outside gran's and papa's house
Barbeque, toasted marshmallows and camp stories sorry Ruth your going to YW Camp .......
Family Camp – camp breakfast and games and braking down camp Ruthie comes back.
Walk along Saltcoats Beach all the way to Ardrossan Beach let’s see who get’s blisters first.
LIE IN LAZY DAY
Hanna’s and Yasmins sleeeeepover why not camp in... set up the tent and both of you sleep there.
Family fun at Hoofs, Claws and Paws – 2.30pm -4pm Dean Castle
Slimmy work at Wormery World 2.30-4pm Dean Castle yuck....
Hanna’s special dinner with message in a bottle – what’s that . you’ll just have to wait and see......
Lets build a Butterfly buffet each to invite them to our garden 2.30pm-4pm dean castle.
Family swimming at the magnum... no drowning mum!
Bat Walk 9pm – 10.30pm Cumnock Woodpark I bags the torch!
Walk in Eglinton Park and to climb the tower to see if rapumzle is at home. Last visit 3.15pm
Adam and Conner’s sleep over you get to set up camp in your room
And sleep in a tent for your sleep over tonight
Drive in Movie – invite your friends to come over to make cars out of boxes for the drive in movie and share popcorn and juice while watching.......................................................................................
Family Swimming at Auchenharvie swimming pool....... get the daddy! get the daddy!
Were looking out for slleping bugs at Snug as a Bug 2.30-4pm Dean Castle
Adam’s special meal with message in a bottle.. you’ll have to wait and see!
Visit the Museum of transport and get to sit on old and new cars, planes, trains and buses
Visit Dalgarvin Mill to find out a little about our local History
Walk at Prestwick Beach and a quick visit to Prestwick airport to watch the planes land and take off.
Visit Archiopedia and take a walk back in history 10am – 5pm and enjoy a picnic
Visit with Auntie Michelle and her family and Granny Richardson
Visit with Uncle Chris and Auntie Diane
Have a full day out at Cadonas riding all the rides you can without being sick remember if your sick YOU clean it up.....
Walk along Ayrs beach and a long play at the outside park
Family swimming at the vikingar 10am -5.30pm with a picnic on Large beach watching the ferries
Let’s check out the Burrell collection 10am-5pm
Ruth’s special meal with a message in a bottle.... you’ll have to wait to.
Invite your friends over for a twilight movie night with a few vampire trimmings.....
Have a sleep over with Sheryl and camp out
Lie in rest day
Have a sleep over with Catherine
Walk along the bike route as far as we can go.
Family swimming at the Magnum its parents revenge .... we’re coming to get you...
Let’s check out the Kelvin Hall Museum 10am-5pm
Let’s rock build your own volcano 2.30 -4pm dean castle
Close encounters 2.30 -4 pm Dean Castle I’m going to be bringing 3 already . my job is done.
Lie in Rest Day
Walk along bike route the opposite way from last week as far as we can.
Bird Man is Back 2.30pm-4pm dean castle squack!!!
Arty Party 2.30 -4pm Dean Castle
Lie in Rest Day
Mums back to school party and dad’s blessings
Here is the minutes from the meeting:-
- Adam requested help to transplant his sunflower and help to stake it by the fense in the sunshine.
- Hanna requested the opportunity to have her own garden and the others asked for the same. It was agreed Hanna would phone Papa to ask for his help and that Ruth would like to grow fruit, Hanna flowers and Adam fruit and vegetables
- Bedtimes during the summer Holidays Adam - 8pm bedtime routine starting at 7.30pm Hanna - 9pm bedtime routine starting 8.30pm, Ruth Bedtime 10pm bedtime routine starting at 9.30pm, Mum and Dad to go to bed earlier preferrable at 10.30 start thier bedtime routine. 5/5 carried motion forward
- Mum is to make up a teeth brushing reminder poster for am and pm brushing, new brushes were requested for both bathrooms to be labled so thier is no arguments over ownership. Timer to be placed in bathroom for 3 minute showers and 2 minute brushing.
- To try harder to have MORNING prayer as well as bedtime family prayer.
- Ruth has proposed one take away/fast food meal per month 3/5 carried motion forward she also proposed that new meals continue to be introduced in which the family will grade the meal 3/5 carried the motion forward
- Adam has requested a doctors appointment be made for his ears as they are beoming sticy, waxy and his speach is starting to become unclear again
- Summer sleepovers - Ruth with bedtime of 11pm would like to have Sheryle over, Terry over, and Catherine over. Hanna would like to invite over Yasmin and Justine with bedtime 10pm And adam would like to try a sleep over with Connor with bedtime 9pm.
- Summer Routine:-
Everyone gets by by 10am with the exception of Lie in Rest day
Up and dressed,
bring down washing,
walk the dog
feed the dog,
clean the bathrooms,
water the garden
all before 11am the rest of the day is thiers
Breakfast will be at 11am by mum
Summer Activity Planner (see separate blog)
After family council yesterday the kids wanted to have there own little bit of garden so we phoned papa who came to the rescue with old fish boxes and lots of seeds and a small selection of veg and flowers
Hanna has planted runner beans, ..... on no I can't remember ...... another seed anyway and in the centre a small selection of grasses and ferns.
Even Ruth got right into the compost and planted a mixture of lettuce, chrysanthemum and a seed or two.
Adam loved getting right into the compost
Monday, 8 June 2009
Sunday, 7 June 2009
Hanna and I've been very busy this weekend we have chose the theme of Pirates for our summer poster this year. We started by taking a piece of wallpaper the size we wanted the poster. Using a wax candle we drew on waves to give the sea effect then painted over it using watery blue paint to see the wax wave relief underneath so that was the basic poster.
Dad with the base of his pirate boat
Dad drew and coloured in a pirate boat in other paper and we stuck it onto our poster using double sided padded tape to give it a 3d effect.
Hanna placing her Pirate flag designs on the floor
Hanna designed pirate flags which we will be putting our daily activity on the back with a number on the flag similar to an advent but using the date. Well be finishing of the painting tomorrow at family home evening.
Robert C Oakes :-
- used 2 scriptures one I never got however it was similar to Romans 2:11 (summery of which is God is no respecter of persons)
- we have an eternal relationship with our father in heaven he is our spiritual creator and we are his spiritual children
- We are to be "not a respecter of persons" love ALL sons and daughters the same like the good Samaritan
which reflects the worth of souls to our Heavenly Father
- the good Samaritan clearly defines who our neighbours are and our responsibility to them
- Thomas S Monson - continue to search and find less active members reach out to them and bring back to the fold
- rescue sinking souls and find lost sheep
- there are to many stories of new converts and immigrants been less than welcome
- show care for new converts and invite them to come back. Knock on their doors and invite.
- 3 ways to return to Heavenly Father 1/ look to temple 2/ look to prophet 3/ look to Christ
- 1. look to the temple
- 2. look to the prophet - open hearts, open ears, read church magazines, incorporate teachings in our lives. listen - make plan -fulfil teachings.
- 3. look to Christ - Jesus Christ was THE example 3 Nephi it says (roughly) sure foundation of Christ, remember and do, look to the light, listen obey and pray, contrite heart, repent ask forgiveness, have faith.
Did you know:- Ann Dibb is President Thomas S Monson daughter
- Families can be together forever
- Satan is working hard to pull families apart
- How can we strengthen our families to be together forever
- 1. EVALUATE OUR ACTIVITIES and PRIORITIES - are they drawing us closer to Heavenly Father or into the world. evaluate how we spend our time and resources.
- 2. COUNSEL TOGETHER AS FAMILIES Family proclamation to the world successful Marriages and families are based on wholesome recreational activities.
- If we advice our children/teens from scriptures and prophet they will be less likely to argue with you
- Pray for revelation both individual and family
- 3. Make and Keep sacred covenants (as stated in family proclamation)
- FATHERS- magnify priesthood, call family prayers, family home evenings, guide in faithfulness and kindness
- MOTHERS- nurture children, support husbands build homes of love
- PARENTS - Walk shoulder to shoulder to build your family
- CHILDREN- receive direction of parents, leaders and Prophets they do it only because they love you
- find peace and happiness in our homes and family 3 Nephi 6:14
- 2 nephi 9:13
- statement by Brigham Young says that the church would grow.. amongst nations so would the power of Satan rise.
- we must be more attentive, with firmness and courage
- if we increase our own personal faith we protect our children
- we are given inspiration in our lives if we but keep our lives pure and clean.
- we must continue to minister to those that falter that they may return
- we must not be casual we worship god with all thy might mind and strength.... love thy neighbour as thy self.... for those who shall lose their life shall find it Jesus.
- turn our attention to our brothers and sisters
there is a power in our service that goes into OUR CHILDREN'S hearts
- LIFT WHERE YOU STAND
apostle Paul wrote to Romans ... for I am not ashamed in the power of Christ....
- letter from Paul to timothy This is a time that we should not fear let us not be governed by fear... but of love and sound mind
- not by fear but of hope and power.
- Share the plan of Happiness
at this point I became so involved in the talk I forgot to take notes
Friday, 5 June 2009
Wednesday, 3 June 2009
Adam is right in the middle of his class besides his friend Billy with the dreadlocks
Hanna looking anxious but ready to go.
Hanna's Flat Race
Hanna's Obstacles Race
Adam's Skipping Race
Adam's Flat Race
We've had a phone call from Ruth she has spent the day kiacking, speed boating where she got to drive it herself tomorrow she's hoping to do mountain biking and abseiling.
Tuesday, 2 June 2009